Heavy duty coolant engineered to maximize diesel efficiency and engine life.
Technologically superior to all water-based coolants.
- In a traditional pressurized system, the water-based coolant must be maintained at a temperature below the boiling point of water to keep the system functional. The fan energy required to keep the coolant cold enough wastes a significant amount of fuel.
- Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant can protect the engine at temperatures well above the boiling point of water, so the fan runs less and you save fuel.
- Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant has a boiling point of 375°F at atmospheric pressure: and an operating temperature that is always more than 100°F colder than its boiling point.
- Coolant temperatures may be safely increased with Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant due to this separation between operating temperature and boiling point.
Substantial fuel economy improvements through reduced fan-on time and higher thermostat temperatures.
- Radiator fan-on time, which draws in the range of 25 horsepower, can be cut more than 50 percent. This saves about 1.37 gallons of diesel per hour of fan run time.
- A 7% fuel economy improvement was gained by raising fan-on temperature to 230°F -resulting in reduced fan-on time -in a yearlong test conducted with a fleet of Connecticut refuse trucks.
- A 3% fuel economy improvement was gained by using 215°F thermostats in conjunction with Evans Heavy Duty Coolant. This was proven by the SAE Type II Fuel Consumption Test conducted by the PAVE Research Center at Auburn University. The engine fans were locked "on" for both the test and control trucks, eliminating the fans as a variable that could affect the test results.
Increased vehicle capability and trouble-free operation.
- Any cooling system designed for water-based coolant gains (without any hardware changes) a "reserve capacity" when Evans Heavy Duty Coolant is installed because Heavy Duty Coolant does not have to be kept below the boiling point of water. Safe increases in coolant temperatures mean that the radiator is hotter and that heat transfer into the ambient air is improved.
- The reserve capacity gained means that more heat can be dissipated by the existing cooling system without needing expensive and complex auxiliary cooling units.
- With safely increased de-rating temperatures, Evans Heavy Duty Coolant provides trouble-free operation at high ambient temperatures -and when the radiator is not at its cleanest.
- Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant eliminates boil over and after-boil.
Prevents cylinder liner and pump cavitation. Reduces maintenance and wear-and-tear.
- Cavitation erosion of cylinder liners is the major corrosion problem for heavy-duty engines. Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant tests better than all other coolants in the John Deere Engine Cavitation Test, which is soon expected to be adopted as an ASTM Standard Test Method.
- Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant prevents vibration-induced vapor formation and collapse - the cause of cylinder-liner cavitation erosion -due to the large separation between its operating temperature and boiling point.
- Pump cavitation is also prevented since the pressure drop at the pump inlet is insufficient to flash-vaporize Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant.
- The absence of water vapor reduces overall system pressure, putting less stress on hoses and plumbing.
Lifetime performance and savings.
- Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant will last the life of the engine, as long as it does not become contaminated by water.
- Once it is installed, there are no coolant disposal issues.
- The additives in Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant are stable. No SCAs are needed.
How to get the Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant advantage.
- When you buy new equipment, specify Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant, 215°F thermostats, and ECM programming to provide for the following temperatures:
Fan-on: 230°F Fan-off: 217°F De-rating: 235°F Auto shutdown: 240°F.
- Your existing fleet may be retrofitted to obtain most of the benefits. Use of a ResistorPac (external to the ECM) can provide elevated fan-on and elevated de-rating temperatures.